Saturday, April 9, 2011

Matt's Prayer

So, I finally unburied my desk and found the prayer that my 10 year old brother David wrote for and recited at Matt's Memorial in Monmouth. I am so proud of my brother for his words, and for his insight in to life as we now know it. I love you, David. Matt loves you too.

PS- David has asked that no one copy his prayer. :)

Matt's Prayer

Dear God,

Please may you have lifted Matt's soul into Heaven, and let us keep him in our hearts for all eternity, for he was willing to give his soul for the country. But let us focus on being happy, instead of gloomy. May the wounds of emotionally hurt families be mended, may his friends see Matt in everyone they meet. And also may the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit be with Matt, and us. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment